How can you entice readers to read your post?
How can you make your article a must-read?
Of course, high-quality useful content is paramount, but there is more to it than that. Often the reason an article is not read is that doesn’t look like an “easy read”. It looks too time-consuming, too complicated or not visually appealing.
Here are a few tips on improving the readability of your blog:
- Use short sentences
- Use short paragraphs
- Prepare your readers for the content they are about to read by asking questions
- Use strong headlines. Lead with your strongest benefit, the main reason someone is going to be interested in what you have to offer.
- Use bullets and lists. It makes information more concise and easier to read
- Use white space. Don’t cram text into every nook and cranny.Leave some blank space.
- Break up your content with subheadings
- Use formatting to add emphasis to an important concept, allowing the reader to scan the article
- Use attractive, funny or poignant images
- Use easy to read font – Verdana, Arial and Georgia are recommended, minimum 10 point (preferably 12 point or larger)
- Label your links giving enough information to avoid people clicking on it by mistake
Once you have done all these things, read only the text you have called attention to, and make sure that text gives the reader a gist of the entire article.