IN A NUTSHELL…
- Our external world predicts only 10% of our happiness. How our brain processes our external world determines 90% of our long-term happiness.
- Only 25% of job success is predicted by IQ. However, 75% of job success is determined by your optimism levels, your social support and your ability to see stress as a challenge and not as a threat.
- Your brain functions better, if its happy 🙂 Dopamine, an organic chemical that floods your brain when you are happy, it “turns on” all the learning centers in your brain, making you more adaptable and receptive.
- WRONG FORMULA FOR SUCCESS: Work harder, so can be more successful and be happy.
REAL FORMULA FOR SUCCESS:
Be happy, so I can experience more success.
HOW DO I GET HAPPY?
For 21 days you can train your brain to be happy, by doing the following:
- Find 3 things to be grateful for each day (it trains your brain to look for the positive, instead of the negative)
- Write about 1 positive experience you have had in the last 24 hours (your brain will relive the memory)
- Exercise (it teaches your brain that your behavior matters)
- Meditate (helps your brain get over our cultural hyperactivity and focus on one task)
- Perform random acts of kindness
So what are you waiting for? GET HAPPY!