Creating a successful social media strategy to increase your network of targeted fans and followers on a daily basis has many factors to it and leaving out some key components can really make or break your efforts. Here’s a quick list things to consider when creating and planning your overall social media strategy:
- BE CONSISTENT: customize all of your social media pages and website to represent your brand in a professional and consistent way
- BRING IT ALL TOGETHER: link all of your social media pages with each other and with your website
- CONTENT IS KING: Share great content on a daily basis that will lead your followers back to your products or services. Share other top content from other leaders in your industry. Engage with your fans and followers in a positive way each day. Be interesting, informative, helpful, personal, social, and engaging to build relationships and expert authority in your niche. Remember to show your personal side … people really do want to get to know you.
- MAKE IT EASY TO SHARE: give your readers an easy way to share your content with others right from your blog posts or website pages. Place your social media links above the fold on your website so that it makes it easy for your website visitors to follow you on your other social media channels.
Once you get your strategy planned out you will want to make sure you have your website all set up correctly to integrate your social media for maximum exposure and connection. Here are the tools you will want to include to make that happen.
- SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGET – this is a great plug-in to use for adding all of your social media buttons/icons to your website to make it easy for your visitors to connect with you on your social media pages.
- FACEBOOK TWITTER SHARE BUTTONS – this is a great plug-in that adds share buttons above or below your blog posts to make it very easy for your readers to share your content on all the major social channels FB, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google +
- TWITTER FEED WIDGET – this plug-in allows you to set up your Twitter feed right in your sidebar so visitors can see your latest tweets and follow you
- FACEBOOK LIKE BOX – adding a Facebook Like Box to your sidebar can help encourage your readers to decide to become a Fan because they will see the faces of your other Fans and see your recent posts
Now that you know the key items to include in your strategy all that’s left is to implement and take action!